On January 6, 1973, an educational revolution took place for my generation - the first episode of Schoolhouse Rock aired on ABC Saturday Morning. It's not an exaggeration to say that we learned our multiplication tables, parts of speech, and American history from these songs. In honor of Schoolhouse Rock turning 10x4 you know is 40 years old this year, see how many of these questions you can remember. This quiz is brought to you by, your very favorite General, General Foods.
1. Conjunction Junction, what's your function?
2. What happened when we took an early ferry to the Statue of Liberty?
3. What is a magic number?
4. Where will we ultimately find more Elbow Room?
5. And the shot heard around the world, was what?
6. Which number is naughty, nasty, and mean?
7. What do they sell at Lolly's?
8. If you skate, you would be great, if you could do what?
9. How did King George III respond to "taxation without representation?"
10. What did Franklin do when he found he had the ball?
11. What countries did the Great American Melting Pot singer's grandparents come from?
12. What was the name of the spaceman who taught us about base 12 multiplication?
13. What section of the Constitution was set to music, very memorably for 70s schoolchildren?
14. What three 60s artists were playing on the drugstore record machine?
15. Here comes a small herd of what, and a baby, because ten times 4 you know is 40?
16. What kind of pet did Rufus Xavier Sarsaparilla find?
17. Did the Bill get passed?
Bonus: What was the subject of the Bill?