Memorable moments in music history don't always happen on record. Sometimes, a quote from an interview, or something said on stage, on a TV show, or in a press conference, becomes just as famous as a song or a guitar solo. Who said the following?
1. "We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first-rock 'n' roll or Christianity. Jesus was all right but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It's them twisting it that ruins it for me."
2. "When I say "This Is It," it really means this is it."
3. "I'd rather be dead than singing "Satisfaction" when I'm forty-five."
4. "It's not about the people who leave Motown that's important, it's about the people who come back, and tonight everybody came back."
5. "I talked to Vice President Agnew in Palm Springs three weeks ago and expressed my concern for our country. The drug culture, the hippie elements, the SDS, Black Panthers, etc. do not consider me as their enemy or as they call it the establishment. I call it America and I love it."
6. "Just so you know, we're ashamed the president of the United States is from Texas.".
7. "Thanks, America, you've got style, you've got taste, and you know a good drag queen when you see one."
8. "And the winner is... me! I have never received nothing! You never gave me no Grammys and I've been singing for years! I am the architect of rock and roll! I am the originator!"
9. "Four marines didn't like a long-haired rock 'n' roller in a baseball park, and of course I was a Cub fan, and I was in Dodger Stadium, and that didn't do so well. I got in a fight and got a broken jaw in three places, and I was in intensive care for a couple of days. The only funny thing I can think about the whole incident is that, with my jaw wired together, I actually went on the road, and I was actually singing through my clenched jaw, which, to this day, is still the way I sing."
10. "Yo Taylor, I'm really happy for you? I'll let you finish. But Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time! One of the best videos of all time!"
11. "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated? Good night"
12. "This is the largest group of people ever assembled in one place, and I think you people have proven something to the world: that a half a million kids can get together and have three days of fun and music and have nothing *but* fun and music, and I God bless you for it!"
13. "First of all, let's get one thing straight. Crack is cheap. I make too much money to ever smoke crack, let's get that straight, ok! I don't do crack, I don't do that. Crack is wack."
14. "I haven't met anybody that I would like to settle down with - of either sex."
15. "John's in love with Yoko and he's no longer in love with the other three of us."
16. "If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will be either be dead or in jail by this time next year."
17. "Sometimes I think my whole career and life has only been about a bloody Bat!"
Bonus: "We would all like to live an uncluttered life; a simple life, a good life ya know? And think about like moving the whole human race ahead a step, or a few steps."