1. He's a composer, singer, pianist, Broadway score writer, and AIDS philanthropist, but we still remember him best for those crazy glasses
2. Chuck Berry's character who could "play a guitar like he was ringing a bell"
3. Singer, guitarist, and environmentalist killed in the crash of an experimental plane he himself was piloting in 1997
4. Daryl Hall's musical partner
5. He's "Waiting on the World to Change"
6. His hits include covers of "Memphis" and "Rockin' Pneumonia and the Boogie Woogie Flu"
7. An American naval hero - or Led Zeppelin's bassist
8. He "Just Got Paid" in 1988
9. In Central Park in New York City, there's a memorial to him - a mosaic with the word "IMAGINE"
10. El DeBarge asked this musical question in 1986
11. Country and pop singer who played Sandy in "Grease"
12. One of Farm Aid's founders
13. Guitarist and co-writer of "Rock and Roll High School" and "Cretin Hop"
14. The Grateful Dead invite you to come hear them, by the riverside, got some things to talk about, here beside the rising tide
15. Jake Blues
16. His songs include "Ordinary People," "Save Room" and "Green Light"
17. The Who's bassist - a friend of "Boris the Spider"
Bonus: In Italian, he's the subject of a Mozart opera; in Spanish, he's the subject of a Richard Strauss tone poem