We've done the Irish, we've done the Scots, now it's time to spotlight the other Celtic nations: Wales, Isle of Man, Cornwall, Brittany, and Galicia. The Welsh are famous for their love of singing - maybe that's why so many of these questions refer to Wales. Happy Saint Patrick's Day 2003 from Becky's Island!
1. This Jamaican music legend's father was born in Wales. Who is he, mon?
2. "It's Not Unusual" to remember the name of this Welsh crooner.
3. What British group recorded their third album at Bron-Yr-Aur Cottage in South Snowdonia, Wales?
4. "Those Were The Days" was a 1968 hit for this Welsh singer.
5. U2 was formed in Dublin, Ireland, but what member of that band is of Welsh descent?
6. According to the Who, who "lived in the sand at the Isle of Man?"
7. Bob Zimmerman, of Hibbing, Minnesota, re-named himself after what famed Welsh poet?
8. What Gilbert and Sullivan opera involves pirates in a famous Cornish city?
9. Of Barry, Robin, Maurice, or Andy, which Gibb was not born on the Isle of Man?
10. What Scottish band, named for a British inventor, often used Celtic-like melodies in their music?
11. Which Welsh singer had a "Total Eclipse of the Heart" in the fall of 1983?
12. What Broadway musical includes a song with the line "Hear a Yorkshireman, or worse, hear a Cornishman converse, I'd rather hear a choir singing flat?
13. This current pop singer, from Louisiana, shares a first name with the Celtic part of France. Who is she?
14. Opera singer Bryn Terfel is from what country?
15. Which member of the Who spent his childhood summers on the Isle of Man, inspiring the song in question #6 above?
16. Which Welsh-born actress surprised everyone when she did her own singing in the movie "Chicago?"
17. "Dog My Cat" is an appropriately-named album by this Canadian folk-singer born on the Isle of Man.
Bonus: One of Becky's Island's favorite musicians traced his roots to the Spanish Celtic province of Galicia, specifically the city of La Coruna in which his father and grandfather were from. He himself was born in San Francisco. Who is he?