Holland is first and foremost famous for its painters: Rembrandt, Van Gogh, Hals, Mondrian. However, Holland has also contributed much to the world of music, amazingly so for a country of its small size. This quiz sends a Happy Bee-Day to the latest great Dutch painter!
1."If there's a Rock Show at the Concertgebouw," who will be there?
2. Don McLean's 1972 hit "Vincent" is a tribute to what famous Dutch person?
3. Dutch rap-dance group Urban Dance Squad hit in 1991 with what song?
4. "Radar Love" and "Twilight Zone" were this Dutch group's two big hits.
5. What Dutch flower did Tiny Tim tip-toe through?
6. What very loud American band of the '70s and '80s is named after its guitarist and drummer, both Dutch-born?
7. Thijs van Leer yodeled his way through "Hocus Pocus" by what band ?
8. Who sang about a "Little Green Bag" in 1970?
9. In 1981, a group of Dutch session musicians recorded a Beatles medley that hit Number 1 in the U.S. What name did they record under?
10. What Dutch artist with a Mexican name recorded "Puttin' on the Ritz" in 1983?
11. According to They Might Be Giants, "Even Old New York was once" what?
12. What American band released the to 40 album "Holland" in 1973?
13. The Shocking Blue had a Number 1 hit in 1970 that was later covered by Bananarama. What was the song?
14. What was Tee Set's only U.S. Top 40 hit?
15. Elvis Presley's longtime manager was born Andreas Cornelis Van Kuijk in Holland. What name do we know him better by?
16. Eurythmics member Dave Stewart, and which female saxophone player from Amsterdam, hit with "Lily Was Here" in 1991.
17. What Beatles song includes the line "Paris to the Amsterdam Hilton, talking in our beds for a week?"
Bonus: This singer, associated with KC and the Sunshine Band, was falsely reported dead a few years back. He's alive and well and living in the Netherlands. Who is he?