Every day is someone's birthday, but did you ever stop to think about the timeline of musical birthdays? Who was born before who else? In this series of quizzes, I give you the birthday and year, plus a hint - you tell me the person who was born on that day.
1. July 7, 1940: Richard Starkey
2. December 11, 1940: Lead singer of Bread
3. March 15, 1941: Brian Wilson's bass-singing cousin
4. July 22, 1941: Dr. Funkenstein
5. March 2, 1942: Monotone New York singer who walked on the wild side
6. December 30, 1942: The Monkee who wore the hat
7. September 27, 1943: Canadian singer/guitarist who took care of business
8. October 5, 1943: Some people call him the Space Cowboy, some call him the Gangster of Love
9. September 13, 1944: Chicago's high tenor singer
10. January 10, 1945: Scratchy-voiced soccer loving Scot - do you think he's sexy?
11. July 20, 1945: Scratchy-voiced American singer who had Bette Davis Eyes
12. March 7, 1946: Lead singer of the J. Geils Band, and no, he's not J. Geils
13. March 10, 1947: Very tall and very smart Boston guitarist, organist, and electronic guitar effects inventor
14. April 7, 1948: Daryl Hall's longtime collaborator
15. September 23, 1949: The Boss
16. October 3, 1949: Stevie Nicks' ex
17. December 13, 1949: Outspoken conservative guitarist and hunting advocate
Bonus: Two members of the same 70s band, with the same first name, were both born in 1947: the drummer on July 22, in Texas, and the guitarist, on September 21, in Florida. Name the band and the two birthday boys.