Admit it, you've been watching "Survivor - The Australian Outback" too. I'm rooting for Kentucky Joe, and was thrilled when Jerri got kicked off last week. While we wait to see who wins the million, here are some music trivia questions about Australian performers.
Get ready, get on your mark, 1-2-3, let's start!
1. What was Rick Springfield's only Number 1 hit in the United States?
2. One member of Air Supply had this as his first name; the other had this as his last name. What name did they have in common?
3. Did Andy Gibb and Olivia Newton-John ever record a duet?
4. What very loud Australian band features a guitarist who dresses like a British schoolboy?
5. Classical pianist David Helfgott's story was told in what movie?
6. Peter Garrett is lead singer of what band, who often records songs about Australian political issues?
7. Though this act got its start in Australia, the two twins and their older brother were actually born on the Isle of Man. Who are they?
8. Their hits included "Suicide Blonde" and "Never Tear Us Apart."
9. What kind of sandwich did the man in Brussels give the singer in "Down Under"?
10. Whose 1978 hit "Emotion"? was often mistaken for a Bee Gees record?
11. This Aussie soap opera actress had a big hit with "The Loco-Motion" in 1988. Who was she?
12. Who won the 1982 Best New Artist Grammy Award?
13. The music of what group was featured prominently in the movie "Muriel's Wedding?"
14. Who was the first host of "The Midnight Special?"
15. Their big 1978 hit mentions Glenn Miller and Cole Porter in the lyrics. Who are they and what is the song?
16. Who had a hit with "Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport?"
17. Their Number 1 hits include "Truly Madly Deeply" and "I Knew I Loved You."
Bonus: Who is the author of the children's book "Baru Bay Australia?"