Oscar time is here again, and that means you're sure to hear some music by John Williams. He's scored the soundtracks of our lives!
1. John received his first Oscar nomination for the score to this 1967 film adapted from a Jacqueline Susann novel.
2. He won his first Oscar for the adapted score to this 1971 film of a Broadway musical set in Russia - what was it?
3. John wrote the scores for three disaster films - The Poseidon Adventure, The Towering Inferno, and Earthquake - all produced by who?
4. His work on the Jaws score began a long and fruitful collaboration with what director?
5. Ahh, Star Wars. The main title to the first movie is actually the theme associated with what character?
6. In late 1977, John composed a memorable five-note theme for what space movie?
7. John composed the title theme and the love theme "Can You Read My Mind" for what 1978 superhero movie?
8. What American orchestra did John serve as Principal Conductor of from 1980 through 1993?
9. What is the name of the Darth Vader theme John introduced in the score for The Empire Strikes Back?
10. "The Raiders March" was the theme for four movies featuring what adventurer?
11. John won his fourth Oscar for the score to this 1982 film that featured aliens, bikes, and Drew Barrymore.
12. He received Oscar nominations for the score and for the song "Somewhere In My Memory" from this 1990 Macaulay Culkin film.
13. In 1993, John won the Oscar and the Grammy awards for this score from a Holocaust-themed movie - what was it?
14. Also in 1993, John released a movie soundtrack that included "Incident at Isla Nubar" and "Hatching Baby Raptor." What movie featured this music?
15. "Duel of the Fates" marked the first time John used a chorus for Star Wars music. What sequel did it appear in?
16. The music for what 2000s film series, scored by John, includes "Hedwig's Theme," "The Quidditch Match" and "Hagrid the Professor?"
17. John is up for two Oscars this year for the scores for which films?
Bonus: John Williams' first major film score was for this MST3K favorite, believe it or not.