One of the most interesting Grammy Awards is "Best New Artist." Some years, like in 1964 (Beatles), they hit it right on the head - but then, remember the year they gave the award to Milli Vanilli? Time will tell if this year's winner, Alicia Keys, will go on to have greater success. This week's quiz presents three out of the five nominees for Best New Artist for a given year, in alphabetical order. (For example: 1964: Beatles, Petula Clark, or Astrud Gilberto?) You tell me which one actually won the award.
1. 1960: Miriam Makeba, Bob Newhart, or Leontyne Price?
2. 1965: The Byrds, Tom Jones, or Sonny and Cher?
3. 1967: Fifth Dimension, Bobbie Gentry, or Jefferson Airplane?
4. 1970: The Carpenters, Elton John, or Anne Murray?
5. 1973: Maureen McGovern, Bette Midler, or Barry White?
6. 1975: Amazing Rhythm Aces, Natalie Cole, or KC and the Sunshine Band?
7. 1976: Boston, the Brothers Johnson, or the Starland Vocal Band?
8. 1978: A Taste of Honey, the Cars, or Elvis Costello?
9. 1979: Blues Brothers, Dire Straits, or Rickie Lee Jones?
10. 1981: Sheena Easton, the Go-Go's, or Luther Vandross?
11. 1985: Freddie Jackson, Julian Lennon, or Sade?
12. 1986: Glass Tiger, Bruce Hornsby and the Range, or Simply Red?
13. 1990: Black Crowes, Mariah Carey, or Wilson Phillips?
14. 1991: Boyz II Men, Marc Cohn, or Seal?
15. 1997: Jewel, No Doubt, or LeAnn Rimes?
16.1999: Christina Aguilera, Macy Gray, or Britney Spears?
17. 2000: Shelby Lynne, Papa Roach, or Sisqo?
Bonus: 1969: Chicago, Crosby Stills & Nash, or Led Zeppelin?