It's March Madness time, so this week, I am the victim of a Basketball Jones, so baby, oo oo oo! All the answers this week have something to do with basketball players or basketball teams, or about the song itself.
1. Who recorded the title song?
2. What's the name of the character who supposedly sings the song?
3. What Celtics great is mentioned in the lyrics to the song?
4. What long-time Lakers announcer is mentioned in the lyrics to the song?
5. Who plays guitar on the song, believe it or not?
6. "Basketball Jones" was a parody of what song?
7. R. Kelly's "I Believe I Can Fly" was from the movie Space Jam, starring what basketball great?
8. They sang "Switchin' To Glide" in 1980.
9. It was the first song on Dexy's Midnight Runners' Too-Rye-Ay album
10. What former NBA player has also released several jazz albums on which he plays bass?
11. Team mentioned in the lyrics of "Rapper's Delight"
12. The band who had a 2006 hit with "Crazy" named themselves after what basketball player?
13. What current NBA player also has a rap career - his first hit was "(I Know I Got) Skillz"?
14. He rapped about "Basketball" in 1984
15. The Red Hot Chili Peppers titled a song on their Mother's Milk album after what Lakers player?
16. Sixers great mentioned in the lyrics of "You Be Illin'" by Run-DMC
17. This team was originally based in New Orleans, which is why it has a music name
Bonus: College crowds often sing this song while jumping up and down during time-outs at basketball games.