Even though 2000 wasn't a great year for movies, everyone's looking forward to the annual Oscar show Sunday night. Our quiz this week is about songs and music from movies that have won Oscars, and other songs connected with the movies.
Get ready, get on your mark, 1-2-3, let's start!
1. For what song did Bruce Springsteen win an Oscar?
2. Kate Hudson, up for an Oscar this year, is married to the lead singer of what band?
3. Phil Collins won the Best Song Oscar last year for "You'll Be In My Heart." What movie is that from?
4. Who did Diana Ross play in her Oscar-nominated "Lady Sings the Blues" performance?
5. Did any songs from "Saturday Night Fever" win Oscars?
6. For what movie did Cher win her Best Actress Oscar?
7. Oscar winner Gwyneth Paltrow made an unexpected visit to the music charts this past year. Who did she sing a duet with?
8. Cuba Gooding, Jr. won an Oscar for his performance in "Jerry Maguire." What '70s group did his father sing lead with?
9. Name the two movies for which Bette Midler received Oscar nominations.
10. John Travolta was nominated for an Oscar for "Pulp Fiction." What was the name of his 1976 hit song?
11. For what song did Barbra Streisand win a songwriting Oscar?
12. And for what movie did she win a Best Actress Oscar?
13. Name the Welsh singer who shares his name with an Oscar-winning movie.
14. In what year did Isaac Hayes win Best Song for "Theme from Shaft?"
15. What Beatles song features the line "Might win an Oscar, you can never tell?"
16. Name the song for which Bob Dylan is nominated for an Oscar this year.
17. What singer had a cameo role in the Oscar-winning "Annie Hall?"
18. What song, often covered by the Grateful Dead, plays over the opening credits of the Oscar-winning movie "Rain Man"?