In the summer of 1985, I shared my first apartment, a TWA flight was hijacked to Beirut, planes crashed in Dallas and Japan and over the Atlantic Ocean, Christa McAuliffe was chosen to be the first teacher in space, Tetris was released, the Discovery Channel went live, and this was the music we were listening to.
1. In what two cities did the Live Aid concert take place, on July 13, 1985?
2. This soul legend had a major comeback hit in the summer of 1985 with "Freeway Of Love."
3. "Voices Carry" was the first Top Ten hit for 'til tuesday in July 1985. Who was their lead singer?
4. Who had a Top Ten hit with "Walking On Sunshine" in June 1985?
5. According to Paul Young, what happens "every time you go away?"
6. Madonna married what actor in August 1985?
7. Which Tears for Fears album was Number One for five weeks in July and August 1985?
8. This Japanese singer, known for his 1963 hit "Sukiyaki," was killed in a plane crash in August 1985.
9. It was my favorite song of that summer - a Prince sound-alike by Phil Collins with a nonsense title. What is it?
10. "The Power of Love" by Huey Lewis and the News was featured on the soundtrack to what movie?
11. "Don't You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds was featured on the soundtrack to what movie?
12. Whitney Houston had her first Top Ten hit in July 1985 with what song?
13. Who bought the rights to most of the Beatles' songs in August 1985?
14. He had his first solo Top Ten hit with "If You Love Somebody Set Them Free."
15. This 60s-influenced album by Prince and the Revolution was Number One for three weeks in June 1985.
16. "Get It On" was a Top Ten hit for Power Station in August 1985. Who originally had a hit with that song?
17. What distinction does Duran Duran's "A View To A Kill" have to date?
Bonus: The weird video for this Cyndi Lauper movie song featured WWF wrestlers including Rowdy Roddy Piper, Nikolai Volkoff, The Iron Sheik, and Andre the Giant.