And now the Spring of 1981, when I went to central Europe with my school friends and learned to sing Gilbert and Sullivan when we got back. In the rest of the world, President Reagan and Pope John Paul II both survived assassination attempts, we just had begun to hear the name Lady Diana Spencer, we had never heard of MTV, the Space Shuttle Columbia made its first flight, Hayden Christensen and Jessica Alba were born, Joe Louis and Bobby Sands died, and this was the music we were listening to (sometimes, whether we liked it or not).
1. There were two songs that hit Number One in the spring of 1981 that referenced working from nine to five - who had the March 1981 Number One called "9 to 5?"
2. And what was the title of Sheena Easton's May 1981 Number One that also mentioned working those hours?
3. What two superstars had a Top Ten duet with "What Kind of Fool" in March 1981?
4. What happened to Paul McCartney's Wings in April 1981?
5. This Hall and Oates hit was Number One for three weeks in April 1981.
6. What actress took center stage in a Kim Carnes song that hit Number One in May 1981?
7. What was the first rap-influenced song to top the charts (it did so in the spring of 1981)?
8. "Hello Again" by Neil Diamond was a hit in March and April 1981. What movie was it featured in?
9. What author was mentioned in the lyrics of "Don't Stand So Close To Me" by the Police, a Top Ten hit in April 1981?
10. What REO Speedwagon album was Number One for fifteen weeks, including most of the spring of 1981?
11. What was the other album that was a Number One hit during the spring of 1981?
12. "Just The Two Of Us" by Grover Washington, Jr. was a Number Two hit for three weeks in May 1981. Who sang the song?
13. This song, ABBA's last Top Ten hit, was thought to reflect the divorces of the group members.
14. What guitarist cancelled a Spring 1981 tour of the United States after he was hospitalized?
15. This song, a tribute to Yoko Ono by John Lennon, was a Top Ten hit for most of March and April 1981.
16. This musical, based on a set of poems by T.S. Eliot, began its long run in London in May 1981
17. What reggae legend died in Miami on May 11, 1981?
Bonus: Why does Steve Winwood's hit "While You See A Chance" begin without a rhythm track?