We've done summer and fall quizzes, now let's spring ahead - or spring back to 1977. I was mostly preoccupied with whichever boy I thought was cute that week, and didn't really pay attention to the catastrophic plane crash in the Canary Islands, the first game played by the Toronto Blue Jays, and the beginning of Queen Elizabeth's Silver Jubilee. Sarah Michelle Gellar was born, Joan Crawford died, and at the beginning of the spring, nobody had ever heard of Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Obi-Wan Kenobi, or C-3PO. And this was the music we were listening to.
1. Barbra Streisand's "Evergreen" was Number One for three weeks in March 1977. What movie was it featured in?
2. Bill Conti's "Gonna Fly Now" hit the Top Ten at the end of May 1977. What movie was it featured in?
3. The Eagles introduced us to the word "colitas" in the lyrics of this song, a Number One hit for them in May 1977.
4. "Go Your Own Way" was the first Top Ten hit in March 1977 from this legendary Fleetwood Mac album.
5. He's the lead singer of My Chemical Romance, and he was born on April 9, 1977.
6. "Rich Girl" was the first Number One song for what duo?
7. They followed up "Car Wash" with "I Wanna Get Next To You" in May 1977.
8. "Couldn't Get It Right" was a Top Ten hit in May 1977 for who?
9. This slightly-menacing hit from KC and the Sunshine Band hit the Top Ten in May 1977.
10. Paul McCartney and Wings had a Top Ten hit in April 1977 with a live version of what earlier hit?
11. Of Count Basie, Benny Goodman, Glenn Miller, or Ella Fitzgerald, which was not saluted in the lyrics to Stevie Wonder's "Sir Duke?"
12. Who had a Top Ten hit in April 1977 with "I've Got Love On My Mind?"
13. This was ABBA's only Number One hit in the United States, and it hit Number One in April 1977.
14. He took "Southern Nights" to the top of the pop and country charts in March and April 1977.
15. This famed New York disco opened on April 26, 1977.
16. What was Thelma Houston's only Number One hit, from April 1977?
17. David Soul had a Number One hit in April 1977 with "Don't Give Up On Us." What TV show did he star in at the time?
Bonus: This Italian tenor made his American TV debut on March 15, 1977, with a performance of "La Boheme."