Billboard Magazine has called them Harlem Hit Parade, Race Records, Rhythm & Blues Records, R&B Sides, Soul Singles, Black Singles, and R&B Singles. I call them great songs that everyone can enjoy regardless of race or ethnic background. This series of quizzes concerns songs that reached Number One on the Billboard R&B charts.
1. This smash from Michael Jackson's Off the Wall album was the first Number One R&B hit of the 80s.
2. Another Jackson had a Number One hit in May 1980 with "Let's Get Serious" - which one?
3. "One in a Million You" hit Number One in August 1980 for Larry Graham. What band was he the bassist for in the late 60s and early 70s?
4. What was the name of Stevie Wonder's tribute to Bob Marley that hit Number One in November 1980?
5. They invited us to "Come along and ride on a Fantastic Voyage" in January 1981.
6. The Gap Band, who had a Number One hit in 1981 with "Burn Rubber (Why You Wanna Hurt Me), dressed like what?
7.What 1963 song, translated into English, was a Number One hit in May 1981 for A Taste of Honey?
8. Who took us on the "Double Dutch Bus" in the summer of 1981?
9. Her two Number One hits during this time period were "I'm In Love" and "Love Come Down."
10. What two superstars teamed up on "Endless Love" in 1981?
11. This Motown group had an unexpected Number One hit in October 1981 with "When She Was My Girl."
12. He had his first of many R&B Number Ones in October 1981 with "Never Too Much."
13. Which song by Daryl Hall and John Oates hit Number One on the R&B charts in January 1982?
14. His 1982 Number One hit was "If It Ain't One Thing ...It's Another."
15. Jennifer Holliday's July 1982 Number One hit, "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going," was from the soundtrack of what Broadway musical?
16. Who was Aretha Franklin calling in her 1982 hit "Jump To It?"
17. "Sexual Healing" was a Number One hit for ten weeks for who?
Bonus: Ray, Goodman & Brown had a Number One hit in February 1980 with "Special Lady." By what name did those three singers have a Number One hit in 1970 with "Love on a Two-Way Street?"