Today would have been Jerry Garcia's 65th birthday, but I don't think he would have been ready to retire. Maybe they didn't call Jerry "Captain Trips" because he sang about so many different places, both real and imaginary...but they could have! This week, replace all the X's in these Grateful Dead lyrics with the names of places.
1. "In the timbers of X, the wolves are running round"
2. "Truckin, up to X, been thinkin', you got to mellow slow"
3. "A pistol shot, at five o'clock, the bells of X ring"
4. "Leaving X, fourth day of July"
5. "Half step (half step) X (X) uptown, toodleloo"
6. "Cause your mother's down in X, won't be back 'till the fall
7. "Crickets and cicadas sing, a rare and different tune, XX"
8. "Cause when life looks like XX, there is danger at your door"
9. "As I was walking 'round XX, not a chill to the winter but a nip to the air"
10. "X, I'll be knocking on the golden door"
11. "I lit out from X, I was trailed by twenty hounds"
12. "Got a wife in X, babe, and one in X"
13. My dog he turned to me and he said, let's head back to X, Jed"
14. "Busted, down on XX, set up, like a bowling pin"
15. "This old engine makes it on time, leaves XX 'bout a quarter to nine"
16. "Nothing's shakin' on XX, used to be the heart of town"
17. "X getaway, getaway"
Bonus: "Catch the X Lightning out of XX, the Great Northern out of X from sea to shining sea"
Super Bonus: "Yes, it's me, I'm the pride of X, I can see golden forests in the sun"