If you were a child in the 1970s, you were affected in some way by Star Wars. Depending on your age and gender, maybe you collected the action figures, argued over whether Luke or Han was cuter, had a toy lightsaber, read Splinter of the Mind's Eye, knew who Anthony Daniels and David Prowse were, or dressed as Princess Leia for Halloween. This movie and its sequels have been a part of my generation's culture for 30 years now, and certainly one of the most memorable aspects of the Star Wars movies has been the music. Do or do not this quiz - there is no try.
1. What composer wrote the music for all six Star Wars films?
2. What orchestra performed the music for all six films?
3. The Star Wars score uses different themes to represent different characters. What character is represented by the main title theme?
4. The theme that plays over the scene of Luke looking at the double sunset (later reprised in the Throne Room scene) is dedicated to what character?
5. Which character's theme appeared in a non-soundtrack treatment on the original Star Wars soundtrack?
6. Who had a Number One pop hit with "Star Wars/Cantina Band" in the summer and fall of 1977?
7. Though they probably don't care to remember it, what rock group appeared in the "Star Wars Holiday Special" in November 1978?
8. And which cast member sang a Life Day song at the end of that same special?
9. What band admitted "Jaws was never my scene, and I don't like Star Wars" in their 1978 song "Bicycle Race?
10. This menacing minor-key theme was introduced in "The Empire Strikes Back."
11. What future superstar lead singer sang "R2-D2 We Wish You A Merry Christmas" on the 1980 Star Wars "Christmas in the Stars" album?
12. "Yub Nub" is the nickname for the song heard at the original end of which movie?
13. What rapper played C-3PO in the single of "Ewok Celebration?"
14. What is the name of the piece that has replaced "Yub Nub" in later releases?
15."Duel of the Fates," from "The Phantom Menace," introduced what new element into the music of Star Wars?
16. Which Star Wars movie soundtrack includes "Yoda and the Younglings," "Anakin and Padme" and "Jango's Pursuit?"
17. What is the name of the piece written for the battle between Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi in "Revenge of the Sith?"
Bonus: "Mad About Me" is the name of what piece of music heard in the original Star Wars movie? (Hint: It's my favorite part of the movie.)