Wait a minute, Becky, you're doing a music trivia quiz on an actor? Yes, but remember how many of Eddie Murphy's roles involved singing...and that he even had a brief music career himself in the 80s. Good luck to Eddie and all the other Oscar nominees this weekend!
1. One of Eddie Murphy's favorite musical skits on Saturday Night Live was singing like this Little Rascals character.
2. In another SNL skit, he sings "Good Golly, Miss Molly, you look like a hog" in a parody of what singer?
3.Which of his SNL characters sang, "I'd sure like to live in a house like yours, my friend/Maybe when there's nobody home, I'll break in!" ?
4. Eddie's "48 HRS" character sang this Police classic loudly while wearing headphones.
5. His 1983 live concert film took its title from what Prince song?
6. Glenn Frey had a Number 2 hit in 1985 with this song from the "Beverly Hills Cop" soundtrack.
7. This Pointer Sisters song played over an early chase scene in the same movie.
8. She had two songs on the "Beverly Hills Cop" soundtrack: "New Attitude" and "Stir It Up."
9. Eddie actually recorded an all-singing album in 1985 - what was the name of the album?
10. And what was the big hit from that album?
11. Eddie played several roles in "Coming to America," including the lead singer of what band?
12. And what song did he sing in that role?
13. What superstar singer played Sherman Klump's love interest in "Nutty Professor II - The Klumps?"
14. As the voice of Donkey in "Shrek," Eddie sang part of what Monkees hit on the soundtrack?
15. "Grim Grinning Ghosts" is a song associated with this 2003 Eddie Murphy music.
16. Again as Donkey in "Shrek II," Eddie sang this Ricky Martin hit with Antonio Banderas (as "Puss in Boots.")
17. What is the name of the character he plays in "Dreamgirls?
Bonus: In Eddie's version of "Doctor Doolittle," what KC and the Sunshine Band song does the guinea pig Rodney sing?