In 1987, Indiana University wins the NCAA Basketball Tournament, Ronald Reagan says "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall," construction begins on the Channel Tunnel, a German teenager flies a small plane into Red Square, Oliver North testifies in the Iran-Contra hearings, Woody Hayes and Jackie Gleason die, and I eat steamed clams for the first - and last to date - time.
1. What Michael Jackson album, released in August 1987, spawned five Number One hits including the title song?
2. What were the names of the characters in Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a Prayer?"
3. All right, we all added a chant to the verses of this Billy Idol remake of what song by Tommy James and the Shondells, which went to Number One in 1987?
4. Bob Seger's "Shakedown" came from the soundtrack of what movie?
5. ABC had a hit with a tribute to a Motown star; what was the song?
6. What musical, based on a classic of French literature, opened on Broadway in March 1987?
7. This "Beautiful Soul" was born on April 9, 1987, in New York City, not in Liverpool.
8. What group had a Number One hit with a reggae remake of Bill Withers' "Lean On Me" in March 1987?
9. What Grateful Dead song, which was first performed in 1982, became the band's first Top Ten hit in 1987?
10. "I Want Your Sex" and "Faith" were big hits in 1987 for what singer?
11. Known for his flamboyant stage outfits and his virtuoso piano playing, he died on February 4, 1987 - who was he?
12. She became the first woman to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in January 1987.
13. Where does Luka live?
14. This 1987 release became U2's first Number One album in the United States.
15. Madonna had a Number One hit in August 1987 with a song that included some Spanish lyrics - what was it?
16. Madonna's song was succeeded in the Number One song by a Los Lobos hit sung all in Spanish - what was it?
17. This movie dancer and singer could have sung "Heaven, I'm in heaven" for real when he died on June 22, 1987.
Bonus: She was a nun, a governess, a leader of a family singing group, the subject of a Broadway musical and a Vermont lodge owner, and she died on March 28, 1987. Who was she?