Since I recently returned from four days in the Luxor hotel in Las Vegas, it's time to play Pyramid again. You won't get $25,000 here, and you won't get to meet Dick Clark or Donny Osmond, but you can still have fun with this quiz. Pretend you are in the Winner's Circle and I am describing these musically-related things for you. Here is your first subject. Go!
1. Banjo, dobro, fiddle, mandolin, string bass
2. "I was the lead singer of Destiny's Child but I've had some hits on my own, and I also played Foxxy Cleopatra in Austin Powers Goldmember"
3. Elton John, George Michael, Melissa Etheridge, Rob Halford
4. Nile Rodgers, Jeff Lynne, Phil Collins
5. Leonard Bernstein, Sir Georg Solti, Daniel Barenboim, Michael Tilson Thomas
6. "I know the artist," "I'm the artist's sister," "I just want to take one picture," "I work for the artist's manager, "I'm in the fan club"
7. McCartney, Revere, Young, Rogers, Williams
8. Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr.
9. Tie-dye shirts, Birkenstocks, vans, drugs, dancing around wildly
10. Helen Reddy, Olivia Newton-John, Men at Work, AC-DC
11. "I'm a reclusive musical genius who played every instrument on my first few albums and I love the color purple"
12. Buddy Holly, Jim Croce, Ronnie Van Zant, Ricky Nelson, John Denver
13. Village People, Kiss, Peter Gabriel, Funkadelic
14. Because you can see and hear better, because you want to take pictures of the artists on stage, because you might get to shake hands with the artist on stage
15. Justin Timberlake, Lance Bass, Chris Kirkpatrick
16. Itzhak Perlman, Yehudi Menhuin, Isaac Stern, Sam Bush, Mark O'Connor
17. Madonna, Cher, Morrissey, Ashanti, Liberace
Bonus: Poplar Creek, Pine Knob, World Music Theater, Deer Creek