I didn't have to ride my bike or try to get my mom to take me anywhere during the summer of 1981, because that's when I got my learners' permit; I also had my first summer job, went to Colorado with my family, got contact lenses, and our cat Koko became part of the family when he appeared one evening in our willow tree.
1. This movie-themed song was Number One for most of May, June, and July 1981.
2. Kenny Rogers was in the Top Ten for all of July and August with this seemingly-negative sounding country hit.
3. This early summer hit started out "Heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from another you've been messing around."
4. What two non-Beatles hits were included in the Stars on 45 medley from the summer of 1981?
5. A real Beatle was also in the Top Ten at the time with a tribute to John Lennon. What was the song?
6. These two superstars teamed up for the theme to "Endless Love."
7. Neil Diamond's "America" was a Top Ten hit in June. What movie's soundtrack was the song included on?
8. What 60s band had a Number One album in July and August 1981 with "Long Distance Voyager?"
9. Which member of the original Jefferson Airplane hit the Top Ten with "Hearts" in July 1981?
10. Joey Scarbury's "Believe It Or Not" was the theme song to what TV show?
11. "Elvira" was a hit for what country vocal quartet?
12. "Just The Two Of Us," credited to Grover Washington, Jr., featured lead vocals from who?
13. This Pointer Sisters hit from the summer of 1981 was not about Eric Clapton.
14. Hall and Oates had a Top Ten hit throughout June 1981 with what song?
15. Which Pat Benatar album hit Number One in August 1981?
16. What was the name of Stevie Nicks' duet with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers that hit the Top Ten in August 1981 and stayed there throughout the fall?
17. What vocal jazz group had a pop hit in July and August with "Boy From New York City?"
Bonus: Which of the following Beatles songs was not included in the Stars on 45 medley hit: "No Reply," "Do You Want To Know A Secret," "Help!," or "I Should Have Known Better?"