Becky's Island Music Trivia Quiz #279 - 6/28/06
New York City
To name all the musicians, singers, songwriters, and bands that have come out of New York City would take a quiz 1,000 questions long. Instead, all the answers in this quiz include places in New York City: boroughs, neighborhoods, streets, landmarks, buildings, and the city itself.
1. Kiss guitarist Ace Frehley had a solo hit with this in 1978
2. David Johansen's band before he became "Buster Poindexter"
3. Run-DMC's Christmas song
4. "Slow down, you move too fast, you've got to make the morning last"
5. They recorded "A Fifth of Beethoven" in 1976
6. This line is the hook of "Arthur's Theme" by Christopher Cross
7.Bob and Earl song later covered by the Rolling Stones in 1986
8. A Genesis album from 1974
9. Pseudo-Latin song from Chicago X
10. U2's tribute to musicians such as Billie Holiday and John Coltrane
11. One of Frank Sinatra's signature songs, it was actually introduced by Liza Minnelli in the movie of the same name
12. Ben E. King and Aretha Franklin both hit with this song about a rose
13. Donna Summer recorded "Heaven Knows" with this group that included her husband
14. A Charles Ives piece with a title that sounds a little scary today
15. A hit for Odyssey in 1977
16. KRS-One sample used in Jennifer Lopez' "Jenny from the Block"
17. John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1972 politically-charged album
Bonus: This New York landmark (?) is now associated with the O'Jays' 1973 hit "For the Love of Money"
Quiz #279 Answers
Back to the Music Trivia Homepage
Back to Music