2005 marks the twentieth anniversary of the "We Are The World" charity single from USA for Africa. Yes, it's hackneyed now, but at the time, it raised millions to help alleviate hunger in Africa. I'm presenting lyrics from the song - see if you can remember who sang each lyric.
1 "There comes a time when we heed a certain call"
2. "There are people dying"
3. "Oh, and it's time to lend a hand to life"
4. "We can't go on pretending day by day"
5. "That someone somewhere will soon make a change"
6. "We are all a part of God's great big family"
7. "And the truth"
8. "We are the world, we are the children, we are the ones who make a brighter day, so let's start giving"
9. "There's a choice we're making, we're saving our own lives"
10. "Send them your heart, so they'll know that someone cares"
11."As God has shown us by turning stones to bread"
12. "And so we all must lend a helping hand"
13. (second time) "We are the world, we are the children"
14. (second time) "Oh, there's a choice we're making, we're saving our own lives"
15. "But if you just believe, there's no way we can fall"
16. "When we"
17. "All right, lemme hear ya!"
Bonus: Michael Jackson sang the "When you're down and out, there seems no hope at all" line because the person who was originally slated to sing it failed to show up at the recording session. Who did he sing in place of?