This series of music trivia quizzes was inspired by the American Film Institute's 100 Years...100 Songs website. Our last quiz in this series features music from the movies from the first half of the 2000s. Tune in again in five years for a completely different quiz!
1. What rapper shocked almost everyone by not only turning in a good acting performance, but by winning an Oscar for his song from "8 Mile?"
2. Catherine Zeta-Jones, Renee Zellweger, Queen Latifah, and Richard Gere all did their own singing in this 2002 adaptation of a Broadway musical.
3. In one week in 2001, this singer/actress had the number one album in the country and the number one movie with "The Wedding Planner." Who is she?
4. Andre Benjamin played one of the "Four Brothers" in 2005. What name do OutKast fans know him better by?
5. Bob Dylan won the 2000 Best Song Oscar for his "Things Have Changed" which was featured in what movie?
6. What singer/songwriter played himself in "Saving Silverman?"
7. Who sang the title song for the 2002 James Bond movie "Die Another Day?"
8. The music of Elvis Presley was featured in this 2002 Disney animated movie about a weird little space alien who lands in Hawaii.
9. This Becky's Island favorite band's music was spoofed in "Austin Powers in Goldmember" when Austin traveled back to the 70s to find Goldmember.
10. Not only did this singer co-star in "Goldmember," but she sang three songs at the 2005 Oscar ceremony, including one in French. Who is she?
11.Gerard Butler, not Michael Crawford, played the title role when this Andrew Lloyd Webber musical was finally brought to the screen in 2004.
12. He was a rapper in the 90s, but in the 2000s he acted in "Planet of the Apes," "The Italian Job," "Four Brothers," and "Rock Star." Who is he?
13. He was a rapper in the 80s, a TV actor in the 90s, but in the 2000s he acted in "Hitch," "Ali," "The Legend of Bagger Vance," and "Men in Black II." Who is he?
14. What 2003 movie from the "Spinal Tap" gang spoofed the early-60s folk music boom?
15. "I Like to Move It" was the unofficial theme song of this 2005 animated film set on an island off the coast of Africa.
16. Paul McCartney was nominated for an Oscar for his title song from this 2001 Tom Cruise-Penelope Cruz movie
17. This 2000 movie told the story of a teenage boy who traveled with several rock bands as a freelance journalist
Bonus: Icelandic singer Bjork made quite an impression at the 2001 Oscar ceremony, wearing a dress that looked like what?