This series of music trivia quizzes was inspired by the American Film Institute's 100 Years...100 Songs website. We now move into the music featured in movies from the 1960s - none of which I saw at the time.
1. Barbra Streisand won an Oscar for her lead performance in this 1968 musical.
2. Shirley Bassey, Tom Jones, Nancy Sinatra, and John Barry contributed theme songs to this still-active film series starring what character?
3. Annette Funicello starred in a series of teen comedies with what singer?
4. What 1968 concert film featured performances by Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, the Mamas and the Papas, and The Who?
5. Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., and eight more stars romped through this crime comedy from 1960.
6. Jazz singer Louis Prima voiced what swingin' character in "The Jungle Book?"
7. What was the name of the musical being produced in "The Producers?"
8. What song did Audrey Hepburn sing in "Breakfast at Tiffany's?"
9. Which Beatle goes for a walk in "A Hard Day's Night?"
10. And which Beatle gets "shrunk" in "Help!?"
11. What future superstar actor co-starred with The Monkees in "Head?"
12. Did Julie Andrews win her Oscar for "Mary Poppins," "The Sound of Music," or "Star!?"
13. This duo performed most of the music for "The Graduate."
14. This adaptation of a Leonard Bernstein stage musical won the Best Picture Oscar for 1961 and also received supporting actor, supporting actress, and directing Oscars.
15. The 1968 sci-fi classic "2001: A Space Odyssey" featured classical music on the soundtrack, including "Also Sprach Zarathustra" and "The Blue Danube Waltz." What was the last name of the composers of both pieces?
16. This Scottish singer acted in and sang the title theme from "To Sir With Love" in 1967
17. What was the theme song, sung by B.J. Thomas, of "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid?"
Bonus: Elvis Presley sang "Bossa Nova Baby," "The Bullfighter Was A Lady," and "I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here" in this 1963 movie in which he starred as a...circus performer?