Can you believe it's been 25 years since "The Blues Brothers" was released? It seems like just yesterday that I saw this movie in South Bend at Scottsdale Mall, then rushed over to Musicland to buy the soundtrack album. How much about it can you remember?
1. What song (sung by Jake) plays over the opening credits of the movie?
2. Jake and Elwood's mentor Curtis is played by what jazz singer?
3. What is the name of the preacher played by James Brown?
4. What Chicago-born singer has a very quick cameo as part of the gospel choir?
5. Jake and Elwood are listening to this 8-track before they get chased for running a red light
6. Steve "The Colonel" Cropper and Donald "Duck" Dunn were members of what 60s soul band?
7. What record does Elwood listen to in his apartment?
8. Who performs "Boom Boom" with his band during the Maxwell Street scene?
9. With what song does Aretha Franklin try to persuade Matt not to re-join the band?
10. What does Ray offer to throw in "for free?"
11. What two country songs do the Good Ol' Blues Brothers Boys Band from Chicago play to calm down the crowd at Bob's Country Bunker?
12. This Fats Domino song plays during the scene where Jake and Elwood publicize the Palace Hotel Ballroom concert.
13. When Curtis and the band sing "Minnie the Moocher," what initials are on the music stands?
14. What two songs does the band perform at the Palace Hotel Ballroom concert?
15. This classical piece, popularized in another movie the year before, plays while the Illinois Nazis chase the Blues Brothers.
16. What song does the Blues Brothers Band play in the prison at the end?
17. What guitarist/singer, playing a prisoner, dances on the table in the ending scene?
Bonus: How many miles away from Chicago is the Palace Hotel Ballroom?