Hey there, space cadets! You didn't think I'd let this year go by without a salute to HAL and his spaceman friends, did you?
1. What was the name of David Bowie's astronaut hero of "Space Oddity?"
2. Peter Schilling hit in 1984 with a sequel to that song. What was it called?
3. Which former Beatle released "Venus and Mars" in 1975?.
4. What East Coast band's album covers (there have only been five!) always feature spaceships?
5. Which famous New Orleans trumpet player shares his last name with the most famous astronaut?
6. Deodato had a pop hit in 1973 with an instrumental version of the theme from what movie?
7. Who wrote the music for both Star Wars and Close Encounters of the Third Kind?
8. This Def Leppard song mentioned Bennie and the Jets, Sergeant Pepper, and the Satellite of Love.
9. At a Grateful Dead show, what was "space?"
10. This Becky's Island artists' first solo album was called "Space Cadet - Solo Flight."
11. What time was "zero hour" for Elton John's Rocket Man?
12. What was Billy Preston's first chart hit, in 1972?
13. "Space Age Love Song" was this New Wave band's second hit, in 1983.
14. Both Shocking Blue and Bananarama took this song to Number One on the charts. What was the song?
15.This was Jonathan King's only U.S. chart single.
16. What planet is mentioned in the other part of the title of Trane's 2001 hit "Tell Me?"
17. What R.E.M. song later inspired a movie about Andy Kaufman?
Bonus: It's one of the most infamous albums of all time. A series of spoken-word interpretations of mid-60s songs such as "Mr. Tambourine Man" and "Lucy. In the sky. With Diamonds." What am I referring to?