Many of us started kindergarten this year, and probably weren't aware of the major musical events of the year. Do you remember the Beatles being together? Or the deaths in the fall? Or the big rock festivals? Me, neither. I was more interested in H.R. Pufnstuf and Scooby-Doo.
1. This movie theme by B.J. Thomas was the first Number One song of 1970.
2. What song was directly inspired by the events of May 4, 1970?
3. Who performed live on 11-17-70 and later released the show as an album with that same title?
4. Paul McCartney released his first solo album in 1970 - what was it?
5. George Harrison released his first solo album in 1970 - what was it?
6. "War" was good to what singer, who had a Number One hit with it in 1970?
7. She's a rapper, businesswoman, and Oscar-nominated actress who was known as Dana Owens when she was born on March 18, 1970.
8. "Spirit in the Sky" was a gospel-rock hit in 1970 for who?
9. Which Chicago album was released in 1970?
10. And which Grateful Dead album was released in June 1970?
11. This Simon and Garfunkel album, the first one I can remember, was Number One in both the US and UK for most of the spring of 1970.
12. What ground-breaking guitarist died in London on September 18, 1970?
13. What bluesy rock singer died just a few weeks later in Hollywood?
14. "Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)" was a hit in August 1970 for who?
15. This long-running radio program, hosted by Casey Kasem, debuted on July 1, 1970.
16. This soft-rock family act had its first Number One hit in the summer of 1970 with "(They Long to Be) Close To You."
17. The Beatles had their last Number One hit in June 1970, with an appropriate title. What was it?
Bonus: He may be in some trouble now, but in 1970, he and his brothers became the first group since the Beatles to have four Number One hits in one year. Who is he?