This week is my birthday, and this week's quiz involves the first lines of songs I love. (None of the names of the songs are contained in the first lines, and none of the artists repeat.) If you wanted to burn me a mix CD for my birthday, you couldn't do much better than this.
1. "When I'm with you, it doesn't matter where we are"
2. "I woke up this morning, and the sun was gone"
3. "Music is a world all in itself, with a language we all understand"
4. "Drivin' that train, high on cocaine"
5. "You get a shiver in the dark, it's raining in the park, but meantime"
6. "I feel your eyes in the morning sun, I feel you touch me in the pouring rain"
7. "I want to play with you tonight, hold me, that's all that's on my mind"
8. "Dear sister poet, dear brother poet too"
9. "Baby, baby, let's get together, honey, honey, me and you"
10. "Wednesday morning at 5:00 as the day begins"
11. "On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair"
12. "She's a very kinky girl, the kind you won't take home to Mother"
13. "I just can't believe all the things people say"
14. "We're talking away, I don't know what I'm to say"
15. "He came from somewhere back in her long ago"
16. "Woman, take me in your arms"
17. "I was born in a crossfire hurricane"
Bonus: "De Alto Cedro voy para Marcané, Llego a Cueto voy para Mayarí"