It was forty years ago this week that the Beatles first came to the United States. This quiz is about that week, and all the other things the Beatles were doing in 1964.
1. The Beatles were first seen on U.S. TV on January 3, 1964, on what show?
2. On February 1, 1964, the Beatles had their first Number One hit in the United States. What was it?
3. At what airport did the Beatles land on February 7, 1964?
4. Of "All My Loving," "She Loves You," "Twist and Shout," and "I Want to Hold Your Hand," which song was not played on the Ed Sullivan Show on February 9, 1964?
5. The Beatles played their first American concert on February 11, 1964, in what city?
6. What was the first Beatles album to top the United States album charts, beginning in February 1964?
7. What was the name of the poetry book written by John Lennon and published in April 1964?
8. What Beatles song was a Number One hit in May 1964?
9. Did the movie "A Hard Day's Night," released in July 1964, get any Academy Award nominations?
10. Who is 'very clean?'
11. What Peter and Gordon song topped the United States charts in July 1964, becoming the first Lennon/McCartney non-Beatles Number One?
12. Of "The Beatles' Second Album," "A Hard Day's Night," and "Something New," which did not go to Number One in the United States in 1964?
13. In what month did the Beatles begin their second North American tour?
14. The album called "The Beatles Vs." what American band peaked at number 142 on the charts in October 1964?
15. What Beatle album hit Number One in the U.K. in December 1964?
16. Which Beatle had his tonsils out in December 1964?
17. What Beatles song was Number One in the United States at the end of the year?
Bonus:What five Beatles songs held positions 1-5 in the United States during the week of April 4, 1964?