Soldier Field-Deadhead Information
This flyer was sent by Grateful Dead Productions to everyone who had tickets to this show. And they say hippies were disorganized!
Welcome to Soldier Field
The following information is for your convenience and understanding.
1. PLEASE NOTE: ABSOLUTELY NO VENDING OR CAMPING WILL BE PERMITTED ON THE PREMISES! IN ADDITION, THERE IS NO VENDING OR CAMPING IN ANY CITY PARKS OR BEACHES. ALL PARKING LOTS AND AREAS AROUND THE BUILDING WILL BE CLEARED IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE PERFORMANCE. - PLEASE COOPERATE. CAMPING INFORMATION AS WELL AS HOTEL ACCOMODATIONS MAY BE FOUND ON THE REVERSE SIDE OF THIS FLYER. THANK YOU AND ENJOY THE SHOW.
2. The show will start at 6:00 P.M. DOORS WILL OPEN AT 4:00 P.M. PLEASE do not wait unil the last minute to come inside so that we can avoid a crush at the door.
3. BOX OFFICE is located at the south end of the field outside gate 0 (zero). TICKETS WILL BE CHECKED AT ENTRANCES TO PARKING LOTS. If you do not have a ticket, you will not be permitted to enter. FIELD TICKETHOLDERS MAY ENTER ANY GATE, BUT IT IS PREFERRED THAT YOU ENTER THROUGH GATES 0, 15, OR 16.
4. AUDIO TAPING is allowed only in a special section located behind the soundboard; those with a ticket tagged "Taper" must enter through Gate 3. If you do not have a "Taper" ticket in the special section, you may not bring in taping equipment. If you try to tape elsewhere, you will be asked to leave. VIDEO TAPING IS PROHIBITED.
5. If you purchased from anyone other than an authorized agency, beware of possible COUNTERFEITS. Tickets will be checked carefully. If you would like to verify that your tickets re authentic, TICKET VERIFICATION BOOTHS will be located outside of the stadium. Please bring the ticket and the individual who sold you that ticket to any of the VERIFICATION BOOTHS so that the ticket can be checked.
6. The band has requested that we ask you please not to do anything that might jeopardize their ability to play this facility in the future. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS!
7. We understand that you want to stand and dance and enjoy the show. But plese try to KEEP THE AISLES CLEAR so that we can keep within the fire department regulations. Again please help to insure that the Dead can play here in the future.
8. RESTROOM facilities are provided in the stadium and in the parking lots. Please ask facility personnel for directions.
9. MEDICAL facilities are located at gates 15 and 16. In addition, there will be 8 teams of medics roaming throughout the stadium. If you require medical attention and cannot get to either gate 15 or 16, please find an usher or security guard as they will be in communication with the medical staff.
10. FOR ALL SHOWS ON THIS TOUR: PLEASE do not go to the venue the day before the show or too early on showday. You will be harming the band's relationship with the building and community.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE PREMISES: Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, or controlled substances, glass or metal containers, fireworks or incendiary devices, or knives or weapons of any typed. IT IS ILLEGAL TO DRINK OR HAVE OPEN CONTAINERS OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES IN PUBLIC including in the parking lots, in your vehicle, or inside the building. IN ADDITION, THE USE OF NITROUS OXIDE IS ILLEGAL IN THE STATE OF ILLINOIS. Uniformed and plainclothes Police Officers as well as officers from the Liquor Control Board will be patrolling the parking lots and inside the facility, so please obey the laws.
Before entering the facility you may be asked to display the contents of any item in your possession. PLASTIC WATER BOTTLES/JUGS, FRUIT and CAMERAS(no video) ARE ALLOWED. ALCOHOL AND ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES ARE NOT ALLOWED INSIDE THE STADIUM. If you do not want to comply with this request, you must return the item to your vehicle or surrender it at the checkpoint before you will be permitted to enter.
If you should have any questions, please contact the facility personnel.
Soldier Field - Deadhead Information
CAMPING: (list of 15 sites,with phone numbers)
ATTENTION: FOR THOST OF YOU WHO ARE TRAVELLING ON TO SANDSTONE AMPHITHEATRE, PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THE PARKING LOTS OPEN AT 3:00 P.M. (DAY OF SHOW), DOORS AT 6:00 P.M., AND SHOWTIME IS 7:30 P.M.
Written by Grateful Dead Productions